Donation Reward: Download character/SG data

Drexl

I would like to, as a donation reward if necessary, be able to download the portion of the database that pertains to my Supergroup base. Character data would be nice too. This would be great for transferring that data to a private server run by yourself or friends, or even another public server if one ever shows up that allows such a thing. This is also a nice insurance policy in case this server ever shuts/gets shut down.

It doesn't need to be pretty, but something that can be theoretically imported to another server's SQL DB, likely with some manual edits, would be much appreciated.

Edit: This topic isn't really meant to be about whether there should or shouldn't be donation perks. I would prefer they don't exist either, but *if* they do as has been hinted already, this is one that I'd pay for. I would prefer replies focus on the DB download rather than the donations as this is a feature I really, REALLY want to see.

I agree totally. There are people on fixed or low incomes and live paycheck to paycheck who love this game and are over the moon to be back. Their $5.00 donation is just as valuable and worthy as someone who is able to donate $50.00 easily. We are all here because this is not 'just a game'...it's the family of friends that makes the CoH community worth being a part of.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

How about we drop the donation bit and sway the topic to: Can we get the ability to download base templates? Something that allowed you to import/export a base you've made so that you could do things like cloning your group on a different server for those groups who are cross-server OR for the solo person with a personal base that they'd like to do something similar with (because their friend is on a dif server, but they don't want to migrate totally. Obviously base storage contents wouldn't be able to transfer as there's likely some serious abuse chance there.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

How about we drop the donation bit and sway the topic to: Can we get the ability to download base templates? Something that allowed you to import/export a base you've made so that you could do things like cloning your group on a different server for those groups who are cross-server OR for the solo person with a personal base that they'd like to do something similar with (because their friend is on a dif server, but they don't want to migrate totally. Obviously base storage contents wouldn't be able to transfer as there's likely some serious abuse chance there.

That's basically what I'm getting at. I realize the whole import bit could be a big ask though which is why I'm fine with just a simple dump of that portion of the database that I can use on my own server if ever needed in the future.

Wouldn't that be the same database that they said they didn't have access to?  Wasn't there some big announcement when they started this that the only way they could move forward was to surrender all that old data?  (I'm paraphrasing, it's possible I misunderstood it.)  I'm not trying to be snarky, but this seems to be a moot discussion.

I could see there being a way to import SG bases from old demorecords, and a way to save and share base designs, because I think that's possible on Paragon Chat.  There may already be a way to do it.  I haven't scoured all the i25 patch notes to know.  But sadly, I think all the stuff from live is gone to us, even for just personal use.

The original character/base data is the property of NCSoft and won't be possible for us to have. To me, it's a small price to pay to be here and have our City back!

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Yeah, what I had heard was that they HAD the database, a snapshot in time, but they intentionally deleted it for legal reasons and wiped the slate clean. However, this NEW database that all of our current characters are sitting on could CERTAINLY be exported. It's just data.

I'm out.

Yeah, what I had heard was that they HAD the database, a snapshot in time, but they intentionally deleted it for legal reasons and wiped the slate clean. However, this NEW database that all of our current characters are sitting on could CERTAINLY be exported. It's just data.

I don't care about the whole database. I would just like to be able to download the character/SG data specific to our account.

Yeah, that's what I picked up. And it's for sure possible. The question is if it's worth the devs' time to make it possible for us. Raise your uproar, and see if you can get what you want.

An experienced developer should be able to write a program to export a specific user's data into a CSV file in 5 minutes. If you get fancy with it and filter for specific information, and try to make it a format that will be easily importable into an other server , or if the database is particular messy/complicated, I can't see it taking more than an hour.

I'm happy with just a CSV. I'll do the leg-work of importing myself.

I'm basically asking that they hook up the SQL query function to a button somewhere on this site, and restrict it to pulling only information on the logged in user. Name a single situation where that action takes more than an hour to implement? Me calling it a "program" earlier was generous. :P

I'm basically asking that they hook up the SQL query function to a button somewhere on this site, and restrict it to pulling only information on the logged in user. Name a single situation where that action takes more than an hour to implement? Me calling it a "program" earlier was generous. :P

Oh, sure, it SOUNDS simple enough. I thought it'd be simple and easy to just query and export the powers to an Excel sheet.

I discovered after I actually tried to start doing it that it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be:

https://score.savecoh.com/index.php/topic,1559.msg9446.html#msg9446

The Standard Code Rant applies, ALWAYS.

I'm out.