Forum Feature Requests

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a regular forumite on the old boards, and frankly, someone that spent more time on the forums than in the game, the City of Heroes forum WAS the community to me. It was a centralized location where people could discuss, argue, play, and learn from each other. I feel that it's CRITICAL that we have a strong and active forum community if we want to have a strong and active game community.

With that being said, I'd like to get the community's feedback about what, if anything, you'd like to see changed/added/removed from these forums. I'm going to collect these ideas, and then make a poll based on them, to show user interest. I'll begin with my interests:

• Forum Game Section
  • SG Recruiting Section
  • Off-Topic Section
  • Fix the smilies (preferrably with Mr. Yellow!)

What have you got?

I'm out.

I was a regular visitor of the "Fan Creation" section to post in the "Post your best costume" thread. It would be a good spot to add stuff like SG base pictures, AE missions, costume designs ECT.

I'll also like how the old forum was set up. It was very organized with specific categories and subsections.

The forum topics listing shows NEW posts with a marker ... but when looking at the actual forum thread itself, there's never a NEW marker on any of the posts to tell you where to pick up reading the NEW stuff from.  Seems like a simple QoL feature to implement.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Most definitely a roleplay forum section. Discord is far too chaotic.  As soon as you start a discussion there it is buried under 20 other things so doesn’t get the attention it deserves.  I also think this is why nobody is posting up stories or actually roleplaying there as it is far too hard to follow.

Back in the day the roleplay forum section was a real community hub full of creativity and life.  Just having one on these boards would likely do the same.  Sure I know we could post in the general forums, but experience has taught me that us roleplayers like having our own space.

I've added a poll for the items that have already been requested, and I'll keep it up to date as I see new items appear in this thread. The poll will run perpetually, and the total number of allowed votes will be the same as the number of items on the poll, so if you want it all, vote for it all. Also, you can change/update your votes at any time.

I figure this will let things keep updated as player requests change.

I'm out.

Voted.

For sure Fan Creations would be great to see. Might have to start illustrating my characters if they add it.

Also, having a Market forum would be a good place to discuss the current drop rates and methods in place for curbing inflation. With the smaller population, I wonder if some of these things might need more tweaking, but would prefer to see what number crunchers would have to say.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I understand the whole limited storage/bandwidth issue, but what about picture uploads instead of just links? I don't exactly feel like having a wide open FB folder for that (and I'm not sure where else they'd be safe).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

We need a forum (or at least a subforum) to hold all the patch notes in one centralized/easy to access location.  That would then let us Quote Paste the relevant patch notes into other posts along with links to the relevant patch note as posted.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Looks like the poll won't let me "unvote" in order to "revote" for this.

Yeah, I noticed that. And there's no option to allow people to unvote. When I set it up initially there was, and I checked the checkbox that was supposed to allow people to revote, but when I go to edit the poll, that checkbox is now gone. Weird... I've added that to the end of the poll as something to fix!

I'm out.

Adding "Costumes" and "Architect Entertainment" to suggestions for additional boards.

There, Phil, better? ;)

Wouldn't those be counted as "Fan Creations"? Sure, under that forum, we could have sub-forums if we wanted to divide that out.

I'm out.

I would not have known to look under "Fan Creations" if I didn't know that's where those things were located already.  My brain automatically goes to fanfiction and RP when I hear that phrase. 

"Costumes" is more for discussing costume contests and helping people figure out how to dress their heroes than it is just for showing off costumes you made.  Also maybe putting in requests for new parts and stuff if we ever get that far.  Not all of that falls under Fan Creations.  It will need it's own place, I imagine.

I don't even really care about AE, I just thought people that do might like to see it have a dedicated board.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to help. :)

That's because you ROCK! :D

(I didn't mean for you to go to all that trouble, sweetie, I was just hoping the PTB would notice.  Wait, are you the PTB?  You know you have to tell me if you are! *if there was a laugh smiley it would be here*)

• 2 weeks later