Guides from the Old Forums

Zombie Man

The guides from the old forums are mostly intact through the Wayback Machine. Here is the Guide to Guides:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120907031222/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=122411

If you click on any links within the Wayback Machine and it tells you it can't find anything, look at the URL it's searching for. If there's an ampersand and other stuff, delete the ampersand and what follows and have it look again.

Should we start to move those guides over to this forum? Or maybe get this thread stickied at the top so it's just easier for people to find what they're looking for?

+1 on pinning this to the top.

I'd be willing to re-post the Sounds Guide, but I would also want to filter it down to just the relevant info first.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

Arachnos Soldiers.Mace Mastery.Shatter Armor (the big sound after regular Shatter sounds)

data\sound\Ogg\V_Enemies\SpitHit1.ogg

Stalker.Assassin's Focus (*)

data\texture_library\GUI\HUD\Tray\tray_ring_iconovr_highlight.texture

(*) Not actually a sound effect. Stalker Dual Blades combo highlights also no longer show. Haven't tested what else (Sentinel?)

(Unlike silence.ogg, I haven't tested reusing a .texture file by renaming it.)

Also this isn't actually a sound silencing thread.  :-X

Should we start to move those guides over to this forum? Or maybe get this thread stickied at the top so it's just easier for people to find what they're looking for?

+1 on pinning this to the top.

I'd be willing to re-post the Sounds Guide, but I would also want to filter it down to just the relevant info first.

Arachnos Soldiers.Mace Mastery.Shatter Armor (the big sound after regular Shatter sounds)

data\sound\Ogg\V_Enemies\SpitHit1.ogg

Sound silencing/modifying guide had been recreated.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Cool. On each archetype forum there is usually a sticky post that lists most of the common guides.  Make sure you check the last pages of that particular post. Many times the front page didn’t get fully updated with the latest guides.